Alaress - Digital Agency
Digital Experience - Website
Any designer would probably agree that the hardest creative work is designing for yourself. Through an iterative design process that saw at least twenty design concepts burned previously, our team finally felt satisfied that we had a winner. The new Alaress company website. It's been epic to say the least!
Over the course of two and a half years, our team assembled in between the mad chaos of designing and developing commercial projects for our clients, cleared the air and worked on our own corporate website.
We needed to create an interface that captured the culture and ten plus years of digital work that we had produced as a team and present it clearly and stylishly for users to browse and learn about Alaress.
Less is more and we feel that the new interfaces speak softly and offer a user friendly experience to users wishing to explore our company, work, culture and passions.
Project Innovation / Need
The new website is built entirely on new technolgies including but not limited to HTML5, CSS3 and advance custom written JQuery.
Powered by Wordpress CMS.
Mobile friendly skin available here: http://m.alaress.com.au
From our experience, designing for yourself is as hard as it gets. Getting a website live based on a design that makes us all proud, communicates who we are and captures the culture of our organisation through an interface is extremely satisfying outcome.
All work on this application/website was completed on Melbourne soil in downtown Camberwell Junction in Melbourne's Eastern suburbs by the passionate digital team at Alaress.
Alaress is committed to the adoption of environmentally responsible policies and practices throughout its operation. We focus on the following:
- Waste reduction. Alaress separates all recyclables from our trash, including the proper disposal of batteries.
- We eecycle all toner cartridges from printers and copier, dispose of our IT assets and equipment in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Alaress replaces old IT servers and minimises the overall number of servers we utilise to reduce our consumption of non-renewable energy.
- We encourage all employees to turn their computer monitors off after work.
- Electronic time-sheeting and time cards.
- Electronic invoices rather than hard-copy documents in partnership with many of our customers.
- Where appropriate, we purchase PCs that include energy smart options.
- Create partnerships with similar minded suppliers
- Strive for a paperless office