Melbourne Design Awards 2012
The Melbourne Design Awards represent the diversity and culture of the Melbourne design industry.
Melbourne as a recognised global design city, features both local and international design activity, and the shortlisted entries represent an annual snapshot of the sophisticated design culture in the Melbourne marketplace.
Already in the short history of the Awards, we've seen the entries from the top 50 designers in Melbourne and this years' program gives another opportunity for professional designers, design commissioners and brand managers to have their design works recognised.
Join us for a celebration of the people that create and commission design, and who promote and engage in all aspects of design.
Presented by design100.
22 May - Industry briefing and entries open
9 August - Entries close
23 August - Judging panel session
24 August - First round of finalists announced
27 August - Second round of finalists announced
11 September - Public voting closes
19 September - Awards Night - Buy Ticket
Big Design Market - 6,7 & 8 December
Entry is free
Brightgreen Ideahub launches Luto
Melbourne Now opens Friday 22 November. Assembling over 250 outstanding commissions, acquired and loaned works and installations, Melbourne Now explores the idea that a city is significantly shaped by the artists, designers and architects who live and work in its midst. It reflects the complexity of Melbourne and its unique and dynamic cultural identity, considering a diverse range of creative practice as well as the cross-disciplinary work occurring in Melbourne today.
WINNERS ANNOUNCED 2013 Melbourne Design Awards
Celebrating courage in design from both commissioners and creators, the Melbourne Design Awards are pleased to announce that the National Australia Bank, NAB, wins the Design Champion Award at the 2013 Melbourne Design Awards.
The Design Champion Award is presented to the most significant body of work in the Awards. This year NAB was the commissioner of three innovative advertising campaigns for its brand, the NAB Traveller Card Campaign; NAB Split Banking Campaign and NAB EOFY Campaign.
The business of design
- Design Event
- Design Manufacturer
- Design Publication - Online
- Design Publication - Print
- Design Retailer - less than 5 shops
- Design Retailer - more than 5 shops
- Premier's Design Awards
- Architecture - Commercial - Constructed
- Architecture - Commercial - Proposed
- Architecture - Mixed - Use - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Proposed
- Installation Design - Display
- Installation Design - Exhibit
- Installation Design - Set Design
- Interior Decoration
- Interior Design - Corporate or Hospitality
- Interior Design - Public or Institutional
- Interior Design - Residential
- Interior Design - Retail
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Urban Design
- Advertising - POS
- Graphic Design - Corporate Identity and Branding
- Graphic Design - Environmental
- Graphic Design - Illustration and Type
- Graphic Design - Publication
- Graphic Design - Three Dimensional
- Product Design - Business and Technology
- Product Design - Consumer
- Product Design - Housing and Building
- Product Design - Sport and Leisure
- Product Design - Furniture
- Product Design - Homewares
- Product Design - Lighting
- Product Design - Medical and Scientific
- Textile + Surface Design - Interior
- Digital Experience - Mobile
- Digital Experience - Website
- Event Experience - Consumer
- Visual Merchandising