Finalists announced in the 2011 Melbourne Design Awards
Over 40 projects have been selected as finalists across architecture and intorior, product and graphic design categories.
Finalists include PEGS Junior Boy School by McBride Charles Ryan and Crown Metropol by Bates Smart in architecture and interior design as well as, in motion design, Gotye's film clip Somebody I used to know by local film maker Natasha Pincus.
Other finalists include the visual identity of Guy Grossi's new restaurant, Merchant, by CIP Creative and the very cool Crumpler Doncaster store by Russel & George.
You can see the full list of finalists here.
We're thrilled to see the Melbourne design market is thriving and that we're seeing the best of the city's creative works being recognized in this year's Melbourne Design Awards.
Digital and experience design category finalists will be announced in the next two weeks.
Melbourne Design Award winners will be announced from the finalists at the Melbourne Design Awards Night on the 6th of October at Circa at the Prince in St. Kilda. If you haven't already booked tickets, you can do so here.
- Architecture - Commercial
- Architecture - Residential
- Installation Design
- Interior Decoration
- Interior Design - Corporate
- Interior Design - Hospitality
- Interior Design - Public or Institutional
- Interior Design - Residential
- Interior Design - Retail
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Graphic Design - Corporate Identity & Branding
- Graphic Design - EnvironmentalType
- Graphic Design - Illustration and Type
- Graphic Design - Packaging
- Graphic Design - Publication