TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry is open globally to any designer, design company, student or company or individual who has commissioned design, provided they are active in the Melbourne market (Australia).
- Entries must be created between January 1, 2009 & November 28, 2010.
- Officers, directors, and employees of the Organiser, as well as those individuals' immediate family members and the residents of their households, are not eligible to enter.
- All entries must comply with the applicable Australian and International Standards for the intended marketplace.
- Each category has select description criteria in which the entrant must adhere to. Submissions that do not adhere to descriptive criteria will be disqualified.
- Submissions, where applicable, may be entered into multiple categories provided an entry fee is paid for each category, and they fulfil the descriptive criteria of each category. Failure to fulfil criteria will result in disqualification from the specified category.
- Upon submission, the Entrant warrants that the design is their original and individual work, and active in the Melbourne market. The Organiser reserves the right to request further evidence such as design concepts, applicable patents, trademarks or IP ownership.
- The costs of entering the awards are;
- For student, $65 inc. GST per entry.
- For professional or design studio $250 inc. GST for the first entry, and $125 inc. GST for every subsequent entry.
- Submissions to the awards are only valid upon the organiser receiving payment in full.
- Designs submitted by entrants who include any of the following, must accompany written approval from an authorised representative, or will be disqualified.
- Trademarks, service marks, trade names, brands, or copyrighted material of third parties.
- Names or depictions of public figures, public officials, or celebrities.
- Personal information, for example, phone numbers, addresses.
- Designs submitted by Entrants must not feature:
- Obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, violent statements or images
- Contextually Offensive, discriminatory statements or images.
- Designs submitted by Entrants created using unauthorized, pirated copies of computer software will not be accepted.
- Entries must be received by 11:59pm EST, Sunday 28th November 2010 unless stated otherwise by the organiser.
- If any voting irregularities take place as a direct result of an entrant, the entrant will be disqualified.
- Entrants acknowledge their submissions may be used for publicity purposes, and may be called for comment by authorised representatives of the awards.
- If an award finalist or winner is in breach of the terms and conditions of entry, the Entrant’s submission will be deemed invalid and the award deemed null and void, and returned. The Entrant may be liable for any costs associated as a result of action taken.
- A Thinking Company Pty Ltd has the right to amend these terms and conditions at their discretion.
- A Review Panel will assess all entries based on their compliance with the entry criteria. This Review Panel will be conducted by an Organiser and the Design Institute of Australia.
- The Review Panel reserves the right to refuse an entry that does not comply with all applicable entry criteria. Entry fee/s are non-refundable.
- The Review Panel reserves the right to re-categorise entries if deemed more appropriate in an alternative category.
- Review Panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Organiser does not make any claims on copyright or intellectual property of the designs entered. Upon submission, the Entrant gives permission to the Organiser to publish, exhibit and promote their name, image and the content of the submission. The Entrant acknowledges that the Organiser has the right to reproduce materials in whole or part without payment of release or licensing fees to the holder of publication rights or copyright.
- The Entrant confirms that (where applicable) they have obtained their client’s and practice principal’s written approval to enter and for any resulting publicity.
- Upon submission, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Organiser from and against any and all liability arising as a result of their entry either infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- The Awards Producer is Jono Haycock, A Thinking Company Pty Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org +61 3 9525 1255
- The Organiser is A Thinking Company Pty Ltd ABN 58 070 357 425, 620 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004
Search for a category or application
Industrial Design Interior Design Interior Decoration
Graphic Design Textile Design Fashion Design
Jewellery Design Exhibition and Display Design
TV, Film and Set Design Furniture Design
Digital Media Architecture Event Design Advertising